Askymous takes the protection of your data very seriously. Any data that the user provides over the website “www.askymous.com” is being collected and used in accordance with the applicable data protection requirements.
§1 General information
(1) Your personal data (email address, IP address) is being collected, processed and used only in accordance with the stipulations of the German data protection law. The following regulations inform you about form, extent and purpose of the collecting, processing and using of your personal data. Should you have any questions about data protection please contact:
Managing director: Mr. Tobias Winkler
(2) This privacy statement refers only to our websites. In case you are being transferred to other websites via links on our website, please inform yourself about their respective handling of your data.
§2 Automatic data collection
The following data that your internet browser transmits to us, is being recorded for technical reasons:
Browser type and version, operating system used, website from which you are visiting us (referrer URL), website you are using, date and time of your visit, your internet protocol (IP address).
This data is being separately saved from any personal information that you may have provided. It is being evaluated for statistical purposes in order to be able to optimize our website and our offer. After the evaluation, this data is being deleted. Passwords and user IDs remain unknown to us. This data is not being saved.
§3 Inventory data
(1) The personal data mentioned under §1 paragraph 1 is only being collected, processed and used as far as this is necessary to establish, develop the content of or modify a contractual relationship (inventory data). Apart from that, personal data is only being collected if you have voluntarily provided it through a registration or by using our contact form. Without separate consent from you, the data provided by you is exclusively being used to meet and process your request. After responding to your request or rather by deleting your account, your data is being blocked for any further use and is being deleted after expiry of tax and commercial law regulations unless you have explicitly agreed to the further use of your data. Upon opening a customer account, you agree to inventory data (name, address, email address, date of birth and gender) to be saved in a customer database. This way you can always register with your user name and password when visiting our website in the future. You can revoke this consent at any time with future effect. Without your explicit consent or without any legal basis, your personal data is not being passed on to any third party outside of this contractual relationship.
(2) In individual cases, we are allowed to give information on inventory data upon request by the competent authorities, as far as it is required in order to serve for purposes regarding prosecution, hazard prevention through the police authorities of the federal states to fulfill the statutory tasks of the constitution protection authorities of the German federal government and the German federal states, the Federal Intelligence Agency or the military counterintelligence or to enforce intellectual property rights.
§4 Information about Cookies
(1) So-called cookies are being implemented to recognize that one and the same user has repeatedly used an offer. Cookies are simply small text files that are being placed and saved on your computer by your internet browser. When you revisit the page, those cookies provide information to automatically identify you. This identification results from the cookies saving your IP address. The information gathered by this is being used to optimize offers and to grant you an easier access to our site.
(2) You can avoid saving cookies to your hard drive by choosing “accept no cookies” in your browser settings. However, this can lead to a functional restriction with regard to our offers.
§5 Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “Cookies”, text files which are being saved to your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of the website. Information regarding your use of the website, generated by the cookie (including your IP address), is being transmitted and saved to a server of Google in USA. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports for the website owners regarding the website activity and in order to render other services in connection with the use of the website and internet. Furthermore, Google will hand over this information to a third party if necessary provided that this is regulated by law or in case that this third party processes this data on behalf of Google. Google will not in any case use your IP address in connection with any other Google data. You can avoid the installation of the cookies with the appropriate adjustment to your browser software; However, we would like to make you aware of the fact that in this case it is possible that you might not be able to use all the functions of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data regarding your usage of the website (including your IP address) generated by the cookie and provided to Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
§6 Use of social plugins
This website uses social plugins of different social networks. When you access a page of this website which contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of the social plugin. The content of this plugin is directly being transmitted to your browser and from there it is being integrated into the website. Through the integration of the plugin, the respective social network receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of this website. In case you are logged in to the corresponding social network, it can assign the visit to your account. If you interact with the plugins, f. ex. by activating the “Like” button or by entering a comment, the corresponding information will be transmitted directly from your browser to the respective provider and might be saved there. If you do not want the social plugin to collect data about you via this website, you need to log off from the respective network before accessing this website. For information on the purpose and extent of data collection and further processing and use of data by social networks as well as your rights in this respect and setting options to protect your privacy can be found in the data protection information of the respective provider.
Upon request, you will be provided with information regarding data saved in connection with you or your pseudonym, its source and recipient as well as the purpose of data processing. On request, the information can also be provided to you electronically. In terms of the provision of information, please contact the person mentioned in §1.